Okay, this is making me nuts .
- Eating and riding.Â EVERYONE — when you ride you are burning fuel (energy, carbs, calories, sugar, protein, etc.)
- When the fuel runs low, you need to refuel, stop riding or stall.
- Simple truths are not, it seems, obvious to all:
- You do not skip breakfast before the morning ride.Â Get up earlier if you must.Â You are not on a diet today.
- You do not skip the snack, power bar, chocolate milk, etc. during a ride of any distance.Â Your body needs the fuel.
- Enjoy your after the ride meal. Your body will use the food to build muscle…not fat.
In a group ride, not eating properly is also rude — unless you are the strongest rider in the group, in which case it is fine.
If you are bonking you are spoiling the ride for everyone else.